Wednesday, October 22, 2008

#11 - Internet Vitriol, The Winter Children and Taking Breaks

In this edition of the Casey Stratton Podcast I talk about how I feel when I read negative comments about myself online, then begin discussing the process of writing The Winter Children including my move to Chicago and decision to take a break from the music industry. I then perform a never before recorded or (therefore) released song called Sleep, My Little One from The Winter Children time period. Music rec this time is Loreena McKennitt's new holiday release A Midwinter Night's Dream.

On her first full-length holiday album, Loreena celebrates the season with a CD that blends the five songs from A Winter Garden (1995) with eight new recordings inspired by seasonal favorites. 13 tracks including 'The Holly & The Ivy', 'Good King Wenceslas', 'Seeds Of Love', 'Coventry Carol' and more.

Listen to Podcast #11

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I believe you will do a good job with the movie project. I often listen to your music while watching a movie or documentary on tv and sometimes I realize how perfect your music matches with the pictures.
Good Luck!

Cathrin