Wednesday, February 25, 2009

#20 - Coaches, Incompetence and Idols

In this edition of the Casey Stratton Podcast I talk more about the post-SATE time including Sony trying to mandate my setlists and making me work with a performance coach. I also tell more stories of general executive incompetence. I then talk a little about the Re-recorded B-Sides recently released and perform Final Sound, complete with the story of Carnie Wilson making me write it! Music recommendation is Rosi Golan's The Drifter and the Gypsy.



...it has something for everyone, faster, slow, up-beat, mellow. Rosi Golan's voice speaks for itself, beautiful yet haunting. But the songwriting is what 'shines' for me, simple yet heartfelt lyrics coupled with catchy melodies and engaging arrangement. "Think of Me" and "Yesteryear" are stand-out tracks. The duet with William Fitzsimmons is very special. - Amazon

Listen to Podcast #20

No comments: