Wednesday, July 15, 2009

#30 - Politics, Religion and Sex

Have I allured you with that title? In this episode of the Casey Stratton Podcast I discuss some current events before talking a bit about officiating my sister's wedding next week. I take 2 questions including a suggestion that I build a track live so you can hear the process a bit. I bring in a drum loop and quickly write a piano line and then build on it, just like I would in the recording process. After that I play the piano and vocal version of Man in the Mirror, also by request. Music recommendation is Imogen Heap's Speak For Yourself.

Imogen Heap is an enormously gifted singer, songwriter, producer, keyboardist, and programmer. She does it all here on her second solo CD which showcases her remarkable talents. The stunning track 'Hide and Seek' offers the electronic equivalent of a cappella, with only Imogen's expressive voice heard via vocoder -- an early favorite that shot right to #1 on iTunes Electronic Chart in June 2005. The song was also featured on the season finale of THE O.C., and earlier in the season, THE O.C. previewed another track from this album called 'Goodnight and Go', a bittersweet ballad about the secret admiring of a neighbor. Comparison's have been made to Bjork, Alanis Morrisette, Joni Mitchell and Annie Lennox, among others, but no one can hold a candle to Imogen Heap. - Amazon.com

Listen to Podcast #30

No comments: